We’ve all come across companies that don’t deliver on what they promise. In the digital age, it is easy for word to spread about businesses, and negative reviews or bad customer experiences can greatly affect the reputation of a company.
One brand that has received some negative publicity is Astoria Activewear. This e-commerce company is popular on social media thanks to its team representative program and has great reviews on Trustpilot. However, on the review site Better Business Bureau, there are many customer complaints, with consumers claiming that the brand sells low-quality clothing that breaks easily.
So, is Astoria Activewear a scam, or does it actually sell good-quality athletic apparel? Our review aims to set the record straight.
What Is Astoria Activewear?
Astoria Activewear is a luxury workout and lifestyle brand for women that aims to promote health and fitness inspired active-wear. The pieces from the company’s collection are stylish and made for women to feel empowered when exercised.
If you like to look stylish when working out, then you’ll love the variety of workout clothes available. Astoria Athletic wear is uber-feminine, and the clothes come in feminine styles that are made to flatter female figures and enhance them. A lot of the pieces come in brightly colored designs in various shades of pink, blue, purple, and orange as well as more muted black and gray styles.
Many of the brands pieces feature girly embellishments such as leggings with a scrunched back or ribbed open back crop tops. The active gear is tight-fitting, and definitely for women who want to show off their physiques and make a statement in the gym.
What Are Astoria Activewear Reps?
Not only does Astoria sell beautifully designed workout gear, but it also has a team representative program. Customers can become brand reps and have the opportunity to earn commission on sales or receive free gear. This is a great option for customers who love the company and want to support it on social media.
However, some people feel as though this program is misleading. Women post photos of them modeling the active apparel online and raving about it which leads others to purchase it. However, since they are earning money from doing so, it leaves some customers feeling as though an ambassador isn’t promoting the clothing because it’s actually good, but more so because reps profit from sales.
However, since many brands pay influencers to model the clothing, there is nothing wrong with Astoria offering customers benefits in exchange for advertising the athleisurewear online.
Is Astoria Activewear Good?
There is nothing worse than spending your hard-earned cash on a product that doesn’t work as it should. According to Trustpilot reviews, customers are very pleased with Astoria Activewear, and the company has an extremely high rating with 4 out of 5 stars.
However, the Better Business Bureau has received many complaints about the athletic clothing line, with consumers stating that they’ve had a bad experience with Astoria. Some customers have received items that were torn or made from flimsy and low-quality fabric. Many reviews of the company mention bad customer service experiences due to the company’s return policy, which doesn’t give refunds. Instead, customers get store credit and can get a new item if they aren’t pleased with their original order.
So, are the items featured on the company’s website actually good? Here’s a rundown of the good and bad features of the clothing.
- Clothes are described as feeling butter-soft and acting like a second skin to provide extra movement and flexibility to the wearer.
- Astoria leggings are tight-fitting and made in a beautiful fit that hugs the curves of a woman’s body and creates the illusion of an hourglass figure.
- The products retail for relatively cheap prices. A pair of leggings costs in the region of $54.99 to $69.99. Tanks and tops cost between $46.99 and $59.99.
- Extremely cute clothing designs.
- An ambassador program for enthusiastic customers.
- Many Astoria Activewear reviews comment on the bad quality of clothing.
- The details of what fabrics are used for the clothing pieces are not explicitly stated on the website, which isn’t good for transparency with consumers.
- The size range of products is not very inclusive. The company only sells workout gear in sizes XS-XL.
- There isn’t a lot of variety when it comes to products on sale. Astoria sells leggings, tank and crop tops, and has a sports bra selection.
- Shipping isn’t free, and customers don’t receive refunds for returned items.
Overall, Astoria Activewear seems to be an average athletic wear company. The clothing is very appealing aesthetically and is perfect for a particular demographic. However, there seem to be a few issues with the company, such as the lack of size options, shipping costs, and low-quality material use. As well as this, customer experience varies, since some reviews are very positive and others are extremely negative.
For ultra-feminine women, we would recommend this company, since you’ll be guaranteed to look great when working out. However, if you desire active gear that is a little more substantial and will improve your exercise routine, it’s worth looking elsewhere.
What Are The Best Activewear Brands?
So, if you’re not a girly girl, and want some workout clothes that look good but also function well, don’t panic. There are several other activewear brands that are great for fitness fanatics:
- Gymshark: This popular company creates stylish athletic clothing that will help to enhance your workouts. Read our Gymshark Review here!
- Echt: Many people wonder, is Echt a good brand? This affordable fitness apparel line is great for fitness lovers everywhere who are on a tighter budget.
- Saski Collection: Attractive exercise pieces for women, that come in a range of styles to suit all females.
- Alphalete Athletics: Great for strength and cardio lovers, with both male and female ranges available.
- Alo Yoga: Great workout gear for more gentle and less intense exercise, like yoga and pilates.