Being fit is not just about having a toned physique anymore. It’s also about leading a certain type of lifestyle, one that includes eating well and looking the part. For many people, their gym wear is just as important as their exercise routines.
Wearing stylish and body-flattering clothing not only makes you feel more confident about how you look, but it has been proven to help with working out. When people feel better about how they look in the gym, they are more inclined to push themselves harder and break a sweat.
The fitness clothing industry has exploded over the last decade as people’s interest in exercise has increased. Nowadays, there are so many brands to choose from when buying clothing, it can be hard to decide which one is the best. As more and more rival brands appear, companies have to think of new ways to attract consumers.
One way to guarantee you get customers is by offering first-rate pieces at affordable prices. Fabletics and Gymshark (GS) are two of the most prominent apparel brands when it comes to these areas. These two companies pride themselves on offering their clientele quality that doesn’t break the bank.
So, which of these two brands is the best value for money? We’ve broken down the key aspects of each company to find out.
Is Fabletics For Women Only?
In 2013, Fabletics launched with famous actress Kate Hudson as a co-founder. A celebrity partner is always a great way to ensure your business is a success, and Kate’s star status guaranteed that the brand had a great launch. Fabletics began as a womenswear line, creating more affordable athletic pieces amongst many luxury wear brands.
The brand is largely marketed towards women. However, in 2015 it launched its menswear line, which has gone on to be a success thanks to its simple styles that are minimalist. The men’s line has been popular since it appeals to a wide variety of males, both fitness fanatics and those who are new to the world of training.
So, although this brand began as a woman’s activewear line, it has grown and is now all-inclusive in terms of gender.
Is Gymshark For Men And Women?
Unlike Fabletics, Gymshark launched as a brand mostly aimed at men. The pieces were styled for serious gym guys who wanted to enunciate their muscles and physiques while working out. However, the brand has become incredibly popular with women all over the world and in 2020, two-thirds of its client base was women.
Gymshark’s popularity is reflected by its social media presence. It has over 4.8 million followers on Instagram, and this allows the brand to advertise its pieces for free using the social media platform. This means that the brand has a great reach for both men and women.
Like the men’s range, the womenswear line is also built to fit and sculpt women’s bodies and ensure their stomachs and derrieres look toned and in good shape. GS has thought about how women want to look in the gym and have selected design patterns and colors carefully to ensure that its women items are popular. And judging by the sales figures, the brand is obviously doing something right in this area.
Is Fabletics Good Quality?
If you read a review of Fabletics, you’ll find people raving about their leggings. The brand offers a wide range of workout legging styles, as well as gym shorts, and looser fitted pants.
No two items are made from the same materials, so we’ve looked at a few of the most popular items to see what textiles are in each. The women’s High-Waisted Heatherknit Leggings offer a full stretch all over and reduce the chance of chafing. They are made from 86% polyester and 14% elastane. Polyester is good in workout clothes since it is long-lasting and durable. It also doesn’t easily absorb moisture.
In terms of tops, the most popular women’s tank is the Blake Open Back Twist Tank. This item is made from both polyester and recycled polyester, as well as elastane. Again, this makes it great when it comes to moisture absorption and ensures you don’t feel sopping wet after working out.
As well as this, the fact that the brand uses recycled man-made materials is really important. A lot of these textiles don’t naturally decay, making them bad for the planet. It’s good that Fabletics is creating strong and long-lasting pieces and making use of existing materials.
Is Gymshark Better Quality Than Fabletics?
Fabletics is undoubtedly good quality when it comes to workout gear. Like Fabletics, Gymshark also uses a lot of polyester in its pieces, since this robust material is sweat proof, and ensures you have a cleaner and easier workout.
However, GS is famous for its squat proof leggings, and this is due to the use of nylon in its pieces. For example, one pair of Flex Leggings are made from 57% polyamide (nylon), 36% polyester, and 7% elastane. Polyamide is a good choice for workout leggings, as it gives fabric more stretch guaranteeing that you can get more flexible during a workout.
Polyamide is softer than polyester. This means that the Flex Leggings feel like butter against the skin, and are less likely to cause issues such as chafing. However, not all Gymshark leggings are made with the same materials. The popular Energy Seamless Leggings are made from 94% nylon and 6% elastane.
Polyester is great for sweat-wicking. However, nylon is stronger than polyester, which indicates that GS leggings may be of better quality than Fabletics.
Are Fabletica and Gymshark Leggings Popular With Consumers?
In terms of customer perception, both brands offer high-quality pieces. GS has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on Trustpilot, while Fabletics has 4 stars. The majority of customers seem very content with the quality of the clothing for both brands. Many customers note that these brands create squat proof leggings for the gym.
So, it seems that both Gymshark and Fabletics offer a wide variety of materials in their pieces, and are pretty even when it comes to creating quality products. A lot of thought goes into the creation of different designs. It’s obvious that both companies choose materials based on how they will function and support people during workouts.
Gymshark Vs Fabletics: A Side By Side Comparison
So, it’s clear that Gymshark and Fabletics are both great when it comes to quality. What about other factors? When we buy something, we need to take into account how much it will cost, the range of designs on sale, and whether the company is trustworthy or not. Here is our comparison of both companies in areas that really matter.
Gymshark: GS is popular due to its well-known name and young and fresh styles that are appealing to gym-goers. However, the prices of the pieces are also appealing.
- A pair of men’s Element Baselayer Leggings only cost $30 and can be worn under shorts to provide you with extra support and flexibility.
- A pair of women’s Adapt Marl Seamless Leggings is $55.
- It seems that across all products, the men’s pieces are a little cheaper than the women’s. However, this is common in most clothing companies, since ladies fashion is definitely more expensive in general.
Fabletics: Kate Hudson’s brand was created in order to give women affordable and stylish gym gear. But is the brand cheap?
- A pair of women’s Trinity High-Waisted Utility Black Leggings cost $59.95, although there are leggings on the site that cost just under $40.
- A pair of the men’s Baseline Tights costs between $40-$50 depending on the cut length.
- There is less of a difference in the price range between men and women’s products when it comes to Fabletica, and all products are around $39-$60.
Verdict: Gymshark seems to be slightly cheaper than Fabletics, but there isn’t a massive difference between the two brand’s prices.
Gymshark: This brand was initially aimed at gym loving men, so the sizes haven’t always been so inclusive. However, as the brand has expanded, so has the range of sizes on offer.
- Menswear pieces are available in sizes S-XXL.
- Women’s clothing comes in sizes XS-XL. A GS woman’s S equates to a US size 4-6.
- There are two separate men’s and women’s size guides on the website, which give details about each sizing guide to help you choose the best pieces for you.
Fabletic: Since this brand prides itself on being all-inclusive, you’d expect the company to sell a variety of sizes. And you’d be right! This brand caters to a multitude of shapes.
- Menswear clothing ranges from a size X-SMALL to XX-LARGE.
- Womenswear pieces are very inclusive and you can buy them in sizes XXS-4X. That’s the equivalent of a US size 4-32.
- There is an extensive size guide that explains each size, and even offers details on sports bra sizing so that you can get the most supportive fit.
Verdict: If you’re looking for a wide range of sizes, then Fabletic is the brand for you. It caters to many different body shapes and means that people of any size can enjoy looking good while working out.
Gymshark: Cool. Crisp. Clean. These are some words that customers use to describe GS clothing. If you’re a person who wants to feel like a fitness model while working out, then this brand will definitely help you to do so.
- The women’s GS pieces have many features to make them a great buy for ladies. The majority of them are squat proof and sweat proof and feature sculpting elements that contour the bum (like the Energy Seamless Leggings).
- As well as this, Gymshark leggings hide cellulite and pesky dimples, smoothing out everything!
- High-rise leggings are popular, with a supportive waist band that enables you to feel the burn on your abs.
- Menswear t-shirts sculpt the arms and come in varying styles in both loose and tight fits.
- Cool logo design on all pieces.
Fabletics: What started as stylish pieces for women, has developed into a range that suits men too. Kevin Hart is the latest celebrity ambassador for the brand, proving that Fabletica’s fitness apparel is fashionable yet functional.
- A wide selection of menswear, covering both athletic and leisure options. The Postgame Jogger is a popular item, that represents the brand’s simplistic take on fashion.
- However, the men’s range is not as extensive as the womenswear options.
- Fantastic women’s activewear range. The leggings in particular not only look great but come in many high-waisted options, with an elasticated waist band. This means that all women can enjoy a great high rise look at the gym.
Verdict: Gymshark is the clear choice for people who want to present a fitness fanatic image. The pieces look good and will definitely enhance the wearer’s figure, giving them a confidence boost. However, Fabletics pieces are more suitable for a wider range of people and can be worn both leisurely and in the gym.
The Best Brand For Your Money
So, out of Gymshark and Fabletica, which company should is best for your money. Here are our final thoughts on each brand.
Gymshark: With a 4.8 rating on Trustpilot, it’s clear that customers love this brand, for many reasons including those below:
- There is a wide range of menswear items.
- Good quality pieces, that stay intact upon arrival.
- Easy to navigate the website, which makes the purchasing process a lot simpler.
- Most leggings are fitted with sweat proof technology, making workouts more enjoyable.
- Cheaper than Fabletica.
Fabletica: Fabletica challenges GS in many ways, yet its prices are slightly higher. So what does this athleisure brand offer up?
- A wide range of size options, so that everyone can enjoy the clothing.
- Great website deals (e.g. buy two leggings for the price of one).
- Clothing pieces can be worn in casual settings as well as at the gym.
- Endorsed by Kate Hudson and other celebrities.
- Appeals to a wider demographic than Gymshark.
Overall, both of these brands are very strong, which explains why they have great reviews online and are doing so well. Shopping with either one of these companies would be a good choice and ensure that you get great value for money.